Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the romantic entree for your special Valentine. This fish, along with grilled or steamed asparagus and a small salad, is a no hassle dinner that will impress! Sablefish, also known as black cod, is a delicate fish that is so wonderful that it needs no special accompaniments. Baked simply, it is elegant and rewarding, making the evening meal a special event. It has a rich and buttery flavor, but is still heart healthy because it is a denizen of the deep ocean waters and is rich in Omega-3s. Be aware that some small bones may still be embedded in the fillets. Once baked, they are easily removed by the attentive diner.
- 7 ounces sablefish fillets
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (could be flavored, such as Fig Balsamic Vinegar)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gently rinse fillets in water. Pat dry.
- Pour oil into heat-proof pyrex or ceramic baking dish.
- Place fillets in the baking dish.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes, until the fish is opaque. Oil should be slightly sizzling around the bottom edges of the fillets.
- Place each fillet on the serving plate.
- Drizzle one teaspoon of Fig Balsamic Vinegar on each fillet before serving.