Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moisturizing Lip gloss for lovers, Light hints of cocoa and vanilla. For products try http://rusticescentuals.com/
- 3 tablespoons jojoba oil (a antibacterial and contains many different varieties of tocopherols which make up Vitamin E and man)
- 3 tablespoons pure virgin coconut oil (will not only bring temporary relief to the skin, but it will aid in healing and repairing)
- 1 tablespoon honey (If you like your gloss sweeter, use more honey.)
- 1 tablespoon beeswax (Honey is a natural humectant, attracting moisture to the surface of the skin, having anti-oxidant an)
- 4 tablespoons shea butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon glycerin (is a highly "hygroscopic" which means that it absorbs water from the air)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vitamin E (main purpose here is as a natural preservative)
- vanilla bean (sliced, a natural aphrodisiac)
- Place all ingredients but the honey in the double boiler place over medium heat. Once all is completely liquefied, remove from heat. Stir in the honey mixture to ensure the mix is completely incorporated.
- Remove vanilla bean and scrap the beans into the mixture.
- Stir while cooling to incorporate the honey evenly through the balm until cooled, then place in tubes, pot or tin containers.