Recipe by Chef guy #1
This Valentine Chocolate Mousse is super sweet, fancy with Perfect texture. The Aztecs considered this Chocolate Mousse as a pow.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate bars
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- salt (very tiny pinch)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- extra heavy cream
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar, chop or break in small pieces (you can get away with). Put the chocolate pieces, 1 tablespoons butter and 2 tbsp water for chocolate into a bowl.
- Pour water into a pan over a low heat, Put the chocolate bowl above the pan. This is to let the chocolate melt. When the chocolate melts, Stir them well.
- Put 2 large egg yolks, 2 tbsp water, and 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar into a bowl. Put the bowl on the pan with water. Stir well.
- Then dump the egg mixture into the chocolate bowl, Mix well. Add in 1/8 tsp ground chipotle, Mix well. Set aside Let them come to room temperature.
- Put 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream into a bowl. Stir well.
- When the chocolate has cooled, add in very tiny pinch of salt and half heavy whipping cream. Use the folding method to mix them. Dump in the remaining heavy whipping cream. Mix well. Now spoon chocolate and cream mixture to cups. Wrap them and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, Add extra cream and chocolate shavings to garnish.