Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a crunchy snack all pink and white and red, pretty as can be. Just right for St. Valentine's day, you'll notice. And it's a sweet snack, too. Sweets for your sweetie! The recipe comes from Betty Crocker. Note that cooling times are not included in the times below.
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red white and pink candy-coated chocolate candy (M & Ms suggested)
- 1⁄4 cup red jimmies candy sprinkles or 1⁄4 cup pink jimmies candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, place cereal. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in a 1 gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag, shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in an airtight container.