Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Red, white and pink make a lovely Chex mix, especially when it's ready in just 30 minutes!
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (red, white, and pink)
- 1⁄4 cup jimmies candy sprinkles (red or pink)
- In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir M&Ms and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.
I made an account here just so I can comment on this recipe! I made this mix for my company's Valentine's Day potluck and it was such a hit it's been requested for the St. Patrick's Day Potluck. I guess I will be serving up a green-sprinkled batch! I definitely recommend this recipe. It tastes much better than "Puppy Chow". It's delicious!
This was a perfect snack to take to work on Valentine's Day. Received many great comments and requests for the recipe!! I cannot wait to add other "holiday" candies into the mix and enjoy this all year long.