Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so neat! My sister sent me pictures of these, and they are just darling! She is making them for Valentine's Day with her grandkids. Really cute thing to do with kids. You could probably make things for other holidays such as little eggs for an Easter cone,or candy corn for a Thanksgiving cone! They're really easy and would take no time at all. Note** the amounts of M&M's are a guestimate. You can use more or less accordingly.
- 6 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 (24 ounce) packagechocolate candies (preferably M&M's Chocolate Candies for Valentine's Day)
- clear plastic wrap (a 25-inch box will work)
- cellophane wrap (red or white, enough to cut 6 10-inch squares)
- 6 (14 inch) strands thin ribbon (red or pink)
- Loosely wrap 1/2 cup of M&M'S® Brand Chocolate
- Candies for Valentine's Day in plastic wrap and tape it closed.
- Set the wrapped candy on top of a cone.
- Cover the candy with cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to fill the remaining cones.
These are the cutest things ever! I taught this to senior citizens at my parent's assisted living residence and everyone just raved about them. I coated the top 1" of the cone in melted chocolate and put sprinkles on it. We wrapped the cones in plastic wrap, tied with ribbon and a gift tag. The management liked these so much they asked me to make 85 of them so that we could put one at each resident's dinner place setting on Valentine's Day, as a table favor. Thanks so much for sharing this great idea.