Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great recipe for any occasion--Christmas, Valentines or just a BBQ. The divine biscuits smell like gingerbread but taste even better.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g butter or 50 g soy margarine
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons soymilk
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Sift flour, spices and bicarb soda into a bowl.
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted.
- Remove from heat and stir into the flour mixture with milk (more milk may be needed).
- Mix top form a firm dough.
- Knead the dough lightly on a floured pastry board.
- Roll out to 1cm thickness.
- Cut out with appropriate cookie cutters.
- Re-roll trimming and cut more shapes.
- Place on baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Leave on oven trays to cool and harden.
- Ice with appropriate coloured icing sugar and nuts, 100's and 1000's, chocolate, m'n'm's or other favorite decorations.
- For Vegan use only the soy milk and non dairy Vegan margarine. Also make sure any candies are also Vegan containing no dairy or egg products.