1/1 Photo of Valentine Berries and Cream
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This is the best valentine cake from TOH, everyone has raved when I make this as they feel extra special. This is a scrumptious filled chocolate heart with berries and cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1Line a 9-in. heart-shaped or square baking pan with foil; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan, swirling to coat the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the sides.
- 2Refrigerate for 1 minute, then swirl the chocolate to reinforce sides of heart or box. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Using foil, lift from pan; remove foil and place chocolate heart on a serving plate.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; add to creamed mixture with milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add 1 drop of red food coloring if you want a pink tint to the top.
- 4Gently fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into heart. Insert star tip #32 into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with the remaining whipped cream. Pipe around the edge of heart. Garnish with strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valentine Berries and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.6
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g