Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Sun Rice's recipe club. This is a lovely spin on a rice pudding.
- 1 cup medium grain white rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 30 g margarine (melted) or 30 g oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, extra
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 2 peeled oranges, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons sweet sherry
- cream or low-fat plain yogurt, to serve
- Boil rice in water until water has been absorbed (about 15 mins). Add orange juice, 1 1/2 cups water & margarine or oil. Bring to boil then simmer until rice is tender (about 25 mins).
- Stir in honey, extra orange juice & rind, spoon into serving dish, top with a ring of orange slices, heat marmalade with sherry & spoon over orange slices.
- Serve with cream or low fat yogurt.