1/3 Photos of Valencia Corn Salad
3 hrs 10 mins
I first prepared this Spanish-influenced salad around the age of 17. Perfect for picnics or potlucks and low in calories, too! Cut out of a woman's magazine-probably Good Housekeeping or similar with just a few very minor changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups corn (frozen or fresh kernels, sometimes I roast the kernels)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained or 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons fresh curly-leaf parsley, minced
- 1NOTE: If using frozen corn, thaw first.
- 2Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together.
- 3In a serving bowl combine the salad ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the corn mixture and toss to coat well.
- 4Cover and chill until ready to serve. Best prepared several hours in advance to allow the ingredients to marinate.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valencia Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: