Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From the internet. never used the lard in this recipe but do go over board with the pancetta. I usually get 1/4 lb.
- 907.18 g beef, cubed
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 59.14 ml fresh sage
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 2 slice cured lard or 2 slice pancetta
- 59.14 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- Mince the onion and garlic, and sauté them in butter.
- When the onion has turned golden, add the lard and cubed meat, together with the herbs.
- Brown the meat lightly, then sprinkle the wine over and cook until it has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about an hour and a half, more, adding broth a little at a time to keep it from drying out.
- If you want, you can thicken the juices by sifting a little flour into the dish shortly before it's done and stirring well.