Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. The eggs poach in the soup.
Make and share this Valdiviano Con Huevos (Bolivian Dried Beef-Onion Soup With Eggs) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and achiote, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beef, stock and marjoram.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Break each egg carefully into the soup. Keep the yolks intact if possible.
- Increase heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggs and place one in each of 6 individual soup plates.
- Pour the soup over the eggs.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cayenne.