Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. The eggs poach in the soup.
Make and share this Valdiviano Con Huevos (Bolivian Dried Beef-Onion Soup With Eggs) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and achiote, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beef, stock and marjoram.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Break each egg carefully into the soup. Keep the yolks intact if possible.
- Increase heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggs and place one in each of 6 individual soup plates.
- Pour the soup over the eggs.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cayenne.