Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful cinnamon, oatmeal cake with a nutty topping. Good warm or cold. I got this recipe in the early 70s from a friend I haven't seen in about 30 years. Hello Val!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Bring water and 1 cube margarine to a boil in a small medium-sized pan.
- Add oats and let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, soda and baking powder.
- Pour oatmeal over dry ingredients and break 2 eggs over that.
- Mix by hand until blended.
- Pour in greased and floured 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done.
- While cake is baking, mix together nuts, butter, sugar and vanilla.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and spread nut mixture over top.
This is a Great tasting moist, easy to make cake. I have been making this same cake since the early 60's. Thank you for posting it so that other may enjoy it also.