Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was hand written and posted to me a few days back by my best friend, Vadivu. Can't wait to try these. The number of servings is a guess.
- 100 g seedless dates, chopped
- 25 g cashews, chopped
- 25 g walnuts, chopped
- 100 g refined wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g butterscotch chips
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 60 g sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a dough with the flour, egg and water.
- Pinch off small portions (balls) of the dough.
- Flatten each ball.
- On a dusted surface, with the help of a rolling pin, make soft and thin pancakes.
- Grind to a fine texture, the dates, cashewnuts and the walnuts in a mixer.
- Put the ground mixture in the centre of each of above prepared pancakes.
- Then fold the edges of each pancake to the centre (it should resemble an envelope) and seal tightly.
- Shallow fry each pancake in hot oil till golden brown.
- Drain on clean paper towels.
- Keep aside.
- Now prepare the butterscotch.
- For this, grease a plate and a small saucepan.
- Cook 60 gms of sugar and 1 tsp.
- of water till fully golden brown in the saucepan.
- Stir 2 tsps.
- of golden syrup and 1 tsp.
- of butter or margarine into the sugar-water mixture.
- Pour on the prepared plate to harden.
- Once hardened, break up the butterscotch toffees'.
- Garnish each pancake with the butterscotch toffee and vanilla ice cream.
- Cut into quarters.
- Serve immediately.