Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was given to me years ago, and the name says it all they will vanish quickly!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- Combine butter,cake mix and 1 egg stir until well combined.Pat mixture in well greased jelly roll pan. Beat remaining eggs,cream cheese and powered sugar until combined. Stir in coconut and nuts. Pour on cake mix and spread evenly.
- Bake at 325 for 45 to 60 minute.
- Cool in pan before cutting in squares.
Almost didn't make these when I noticed the calories for one serving (1304), then saw that 1 serving was 1 dozen! Anyway, that's now fixed, & I happily made up a batch of GREAT TASTING bars here! Took them to a local community college student art show & they WERE vacuumed right up ! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs at the end of this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
I love these cookies...took me 10 years before my God mother gave me the recipe. Thanks for sharing!