Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This recipe was originally in the LA Times. The story is that they are so good that they get sucked up like a vacuum cleaner! My neighbor brought some over to us and they were so rich, delicious and different, that I had to have the recipe. You make them like a bar cookie.
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter
- 524.46 g box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 large eggs
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 453.59 g powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml coconut, shredded
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, margarine and 1 egg until moistened.
- Pat mixture into a 15 x 10-inch greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool while you make the top layer.
- In large bowl, beat 2 eggs lightly.
- Beat in cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add coconut and nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over curst in pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan on a rack to room temperature.
- Cut into small squares or bars.