1/1 Photo of Vacuum Cleaner Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was originally in the LA Times. The story is that they are so good that they get sucked up like a vacuum cleaner! My neighbor brought some over to us and they were so rich, delicious and different, that I had to have the recipe. You make them like a bar cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, margarine and 1 egg until moistened.
- 2Pat mixture into a 15 x 10-inch greased jelly roll pan.
- 3Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove and cool while you make the top layer.
- 5In large bowl, beat 2 eggs lightly.
- 6Beat in cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- 7Add coconut and nuts.
- 8Spread mixture evenly over curst in pan.
- 9Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until golden.
- 10Cool in pan on a rack to room temperature.
- 11Cut into small squares or bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vacuum Cleaner Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 150.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g