Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are from a cookie exchange and were so good!! Reminds me of coconut cream pie. Called Vacuum Bars because they get sucked up quickly!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine butter, cake mix, and 1 egg; stir until all is moist.
- Pat mixture into bottom of a well greased 9x13 pan; set aside.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs lightly; add in cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat a low/medium speed until all incorporated.
- Stir in coconut and chopped nuts.
- Pour over crust and spread into an even layer.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack or in fridge for firmer bars.
Made for Make my Recipe Tag in the Aus/NZ Forum- used a gluten-free cake mix and coconut flakes in this recipe. Very rich and delicious. 4 cups seemed like a lot of sugar.......but followed the recipe and the bars were perfect. Photo also to be posted
Very satisfying cookie bar, & it definitely has an appropriate name! A nice change from those I make with either raisins or chocolate chipes in 'em! Will be making these again within the week as we have kids & company coming by on the weekend! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]