Recipe by mollypaul
From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 lbs cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lard or 2 tablespoons other fat
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pimiento, minced
- 1 lb corned beef, cooked and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cabbage in enough boiling water to cover for about 6 minutes.
- Drain, saving liquid.
- Cook onion and green pepper in fat until tender.
- Add cooked cabbage and tomato soup, seasonings, pimiento, sliced corned beef and enough cabbage liquid to cover mixture.
- Simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce is thick.