Freezes well. Can easily be made low-sodium by using the low- or reduced-sodium canned or bottled ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 32 fluid ounces V8 vegetable juice (or other canned/bottled vegetable juice)
- 16 fluid ounces vegetable broth or 16 fluid ounces stock
- 2 -3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 -2 large vidalia onion, diced (or other sweet onions)
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2-1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1/2-1 tablespoon margarine
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place potatoes and onions in soup pot and just cover with water.
- 2Add butter and boil until potatoes are tender but not too soft.
- 3Add the canned tomatoes, broth or stock, Worcestershire sauce, and V8® juice.
- 4Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- 5Just before serving stir in milk and salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V8 Soup
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 304.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: