Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Freezes well. Can easily be made low-sodium by using the low- or reduced-sodium canned or bottled ingredients.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 32 fluid ounces V8 vegetable juice (or other canned/bottled vegetable juice)
- 16 fluid ounces vegetable broth or 16 fluid ounces stock
- 2 -3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 -2 large vidalia onion, diced (or other sweet onions)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1⁄2-1 tablespoon margarine
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes and onions in soup pot and just cover with water.
- Add butter and boil until potatoes are tender but not too soft.
- Add the canned tomatoes, broth or stock, Worcestershire sauce, and V8® juice.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in milk and salt and pepper.