Recipe by Chili Dan
Made from 12 vegies. Love this chilled or in chili. I mixed a few recipes together to get this one.
- 10432.62 g tomatoes, 1 1/2 pecks
- 8 stalk celery
- 3 onions
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 red peppers
- 141.74 g bag watercress
- 141.74 g bag spinach
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 5 beets
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 1 head cabbage
- 44.37 ml celery salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and cut tomatoes into chunks that break down easy.
- Coarsely cut celery, onion, peppers, and parsley.
- Divide into half and place into 2 huge nonaluminum pot.
- Add rest on the ingredients into the pots.
- Bring mixture to a slow simmer first.
- Stir about every 3 minutes to prevent burning.
- Liquid will begin to appear.
- Bring mixture to a boil for ½ hour.
- Check carrots for tenderness.
- Put through a sieve or calendar. I use a Kitchen aid.
- Pour liquid into a pot and add sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Put in washed canning jars.
- Put jars in a hot bath for 15 minutes.
- Take jars out of bath and turn upside down till cool, then turn right side up and they should seal.