Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Made from 12 vegies. Love this chilled or in chili. I mixed a few recipes together to get this one.
- Core and cut tomatoes into chunks that break down easy.
- Coarsely cut celery, onion, peppers, and parsley.
- Divide into half and place into 2 huge nonaluminum pot.
- Add rest on the ingredients into the pots.
- Bring mixture to a slow simmer first.
- Stir about every 3 minutes to prevent burning.
- Liquid will begin to appear.
- Bring mixture to a boil for ½ hour.
- Check carrots for tenderness.
- Put through a sieve or calendar. I use a Kitchen aid.
- Pour liquid into a pot and add sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Put in washed canning jars.
- Put jars in a hot bath for 15 minutes.
- Take jars out of bath and turn upside down till cool, then turn right side up and they should seal.