Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Made from 12 vegies. Love this chilled or in chili. I mixed a few recipes together to get this one.
- 23 lbs tomatoes, 1 1/2 pecks
- 8 stalks celery
- 3 onions
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 red peppers
- 0.5 (10 ounce) bag watercress
- 0.5 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 beets
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 tablespoons celery salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- Core and cut tomatoes into chunks that break down easy.
- Coarsely cut celery, onion, peppers, and parsley.
- Divide into half and place into 2 huge nonaluminum pot.
- Add rest on the ingredients into the pots.
- Bring mixture to a slow simmer first.
- Stir about every 3 minutes to prevent burning.
- Liquid will begin to appear.
- Bring mixture to a boil for ½ hour.
- Check carrots for tenderness.
- Put through a sieve or calendar. I use a Kitchen aid.
- Pour liquid into a pot and add sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Put in washed canning jars.
- Put jars in a hot bath for 15 minutes.
- Take jars out of bath and turn upside down till cool, then turn right side up and they should seal.