Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
I know there are a hundred flank steak recipes out there, but this one is a keeper. Enjoy!! prep time does not include marinade time.
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup v- 8 vegetable juice
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 lbs beef flank steak
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, V-8 juice, soy sauce, oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, chili sauce and allspice. Whisk together until blended.
- Pour half into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak, seal bag and turn to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Remove steak and discard marinade in bag. Grill steak about 8 minutes on each side. Slice steak very thin.
- Heat reserved marinade to serve with steak.
I have made this marinade using just first 5 ingredients and tha it is delicious, but i am willing to try it with the last 4
I make this recipe with the first 5 ingredients too, only I use spicy V-8 instead of regular. Delish! Strain and simmer the marinade for a long time and use it as a sauce on your steak and jasmine rice and grilled veggies - my kids favorite dinner ever! They ask for this all the time.