Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another fantastic V8 recipe, that only take a few minutes to make, but has a lot of flavor -
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 1⁄2 cups v 8 juice (regular or low-sodium)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook the turkey, onion, chili powder and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the turkey is well browned, stirring often.
- Add the vegetable juice, pepper and beans to the saucepan and heat to boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked potatoes with sour cream and chives. For dessert serve fresh apple slices.
This is the only chili recipe we use now! Easy to make and flavorful, and I just serve it with turkey hot dogs and corn bread. Occasionally it gets kind of thin, but I just add a can of tomato paste if that's the case (beware of unflavored diced tomatoes or tomato sauce - it may drain some of the flavor). I also might add a drained can of corn, but it's great on its own!