Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make this everytime I make my V's Chile Verde. I have tried for ages to make the perfect spanish rice. Have used others recipes and decided to go against what everyone has told me, including my mom and came up with an easy, spicy tasty family loving wouldn't have it any other way spanish rice. ;) The smoky spanish paprika gives this great flavor without heat.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato-flavored bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spanish paprika (use regular if you have to)
- 3 tablespoons salsa, medium
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 cups long grain rice
- In a 6 cup glass measuring cup pour chicken broth, add water until it measures a tad over 4 cups (very important) I use the next line on my measuring cup.
- Add tomato bouilon, onion salt, pepper, cumin smoky paprika, salsa and ketchup - Heat in Microwave approx 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil over medium dutch oven pan until warm on Med-High heat. Add onions. When translucent add rice and butter, sautee' until butter has melted and bouilon is done.
- Stir bouilon and slowly pour into (warning you can get a steam burn, so careful!) rice mixture. Stir and bring to a thick boil. about 3 minutes.
- Cover pan, turn heat to simmer. Set timer for 25 minutes. When timer alarms, turn heat off and leave undisturbed for at least 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and enjoy with your favorite mexican dish. I always make this when making my Recipe#268423.
It truly was the best rice I've ever made. Thank you.
Amazing! My new favorite rice. I used Pace Hot Picante for the picante sauce and it came out just the right amount of spicy and delicious. Thanks, V!
Excellent rice. I only made half a recipe but is excellent. Served with Recipe #268423, Recipe #10614, and Recipe #395853.