Recipe by ChihuahuaLove
This is one of those recipes that came about during the Depression. My Grandma and Mom have been making this for me for as long as I can remember. To this day it it my favorite foods, and I make it by the bowl and eat it a few times a week.
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato juice (I like V-8, but any will do)
- 0.125 (16 ounce) box angel hair pasta (you can use any size, but I like angel hair the best, use up to 1/4 of the box)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta and drain.
- Place pasta back in pot on warm burner.
- Add just enough tomato juice so your noodles won't stick to the pot.
- Add salt and butter, stir until butter is melted.
- In a separate bowl mix sour cream with tomato juice by adding a few tablespoons of tomato juice at a time until sour cream and tomato juice mixture is runny and well mixed through (this is done so the sour cream does not curtle when mixed with the hot pasta).
- Add mixture and remaining tomato juice to pasta, stir and serve immediately (when left to sit, the pasta will soak up the juice and it will taste slightly different). I like mine best fresh, that's why I make it a bowl at a time. I also never measure anything for this recipe. All amounts can be adjusted to suit your personal preference. These measurements are simply a baseline.