15 minutes to the table! Vary taste by what you have on hand. Many "cream of" soups will do: celery, mushroom, chicken with herbs. Also, veggies can be Pasta Accents (with noodles), leftovers or canned...whatever. Also, pass hot sauce for the adults and add whatever spices you like (basil, oregano, parsley, salt...) Although it really doesn't need any! I just made this tonight and we all had three helpings (including my toddler)!
- 453.59 g ground chuck, browned
- 1304.07 g bottle V8 vegetable juice
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- While browning ground chuck, pour V-8 and cream soups into another pot.
- Heat soup mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat,add vegetables and cover.
- When beef is done, drain and add to soup.
- Heat 10 minutes, over medium heat, stirring every so often.
- Serve hot with breadsticks.
- Yum-Yum (as my 2-year old says!).
Just so great, bravo! This is a fun, great, slurpy, good, fill you up, soup! We loved it! I didn't have any frozen veggies, so I used fresh lima beans, fresh cut potato, and fresh carrots, that I microwaved to cook, and then added them right into the soup just as the beef was done cooking. Might add some fresh tomato next time! Made for PICK A CHEF Fall 2012
This is a very good and versitale recipe. I made this for myself and I added a little garlic powder and some parsley flakes. Quick and easy with a nice flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Made this for myself & 1 year old. Makes a ton! Used V-8 w/ Lemon and without any extra spices, soup was good. Added ranch dressing and it became great! (I'm a ranch dressing freak!)