Recipe by CookbookCarrie
A great veggie soup quick to prepare and freezes great!!! I use this to "fill up" before I eat my entree. 1 WW point per 1 1/2 cup serving
Top Review by Zilla
I used fat free chicken broth instead of water to make up the liquid. I didn't cook it quite as long and added the green peppers at the end as I like my veggies a little crisp. I think this soup is very good for a low cal item. It is easy to make and there is lots of it! The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because it seems to me that no diet item can be perfect!
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green cabbage, large shred
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop& Dice veggies, add all ingredients to a stock pot.
- Add water if necessary to bring liquids to almost twice the depth of the veggies in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer and cook about 2 hrs.
- until veggies are soft.
- I divide into 1 1/2 cup servings and freeze in bags.