A basic recipe for V-8. Shake well before using.
Make and share this V-8 juice for canning recipe from Food.com.
- 15 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped (you want 8 quarts chopped)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Place all ingredients, except lemon juice, in a large stainless pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes-all veg should be soft.
- Press veg through a fine sieve or food mill.
- Return juice to pot, stir in lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Pour into clean hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Process for 35 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.