Recipe by blucoat
This healthy recipe gets added flavour from a unique ingredient, V-8 Juice! This recipe is from Chef Ashton, the master chef for Cabot Creamery Cooperative, I found it in yesterday's paper.
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable juice, such as V-8
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium-size bowl, vigorously whisk egg substitute, egg and hot sauce together until very frothy.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable juice.
- Add green onions and pepper and cook, stirring until onions are tender but not browned.
- Reduce heat to low (for tender eggs) and add egg mixture. When nearly set, distribute cheese over half. Fold omelet in half and slip onto warm serving plate.
- Cut into four portions.