molly pruitt's Note:
My first husband used this as his standard dish when it was his night to cook in college, hence the name. It is quick, easy, can be frozen, doubled or tripled and is good the next day (though there are rarely leftovers). My 2 year old loves it and my husband would eat it once a week if I could be convinced to make it that often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 0.75 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots, approx
- 1In an 8x8 dish, tightly layer tater tots.
- 2Spread the browned meat over top.
- 3Spread the whole with the cheese soup.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes at 425.
- 5This is the basic recipe.
- 6It can be modified hundreds of ways.
- 7I usually use Italian sausage for the meat and add onions and peppers to the meat layer.
- 8Often I'll use the fiesta cheese soup.
- 9If desperate, I use any cream soup on hand and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uvm Tater Tot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1031.2
- Calories from Fat 573
- Total Fat 63.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.6 mg
- Sodium 1866.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 38.5 g