Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My first husband used this as his standard dish when it was his night to cook in college, hence the name. It is quick, easy, can be frozen, doubled or tripled and is good the next day (though there are rarely leftovers). My 2 year old loves it and my husband would eat it once a week if I could be convinced to make it that often.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 0.75 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots, approx
- In an 8x8 dish, tightly layer tater tots.
- Spread the browned meat over top.
- Spread the whole with the cheese soup.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425.
- This is the basic recipe.
- It can be modified hundreds of ways.
- I usually use Italian sausage for the meat and add onions and peppers to the meat layer.
- Often I'll use the fiesta cheese soup.
- If desperate, I use any cream soup on hand and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
Hubby actually wanted to try this one...I wasnt too sure. Was very easy, quick and tasted good. Ty
Simple and easy. Thanks!
I needed to use up some tater tots I had in the freezer, and I found this recipe. It really couldn't have been easier, and my husband loved it. It was almost like a modified shepherd's pie because the tater tots got nice and soft. I added a can of corn in with the hamburger, but otherwise followed the recipe to a T! Thanks so much for a quick, easy, versatile dinner!