Recipe by PCrocker
The secret to this rich pie is cooking the sugar and corn syrup first. It is definitely not diet food! I bake this pie for 45 minutes according to my oven but you may need to bake longer.
Top Review by GlutenFree Food Critic
Absolutely amazing! Made this for my husband and father-in-law because it is their favorite and it turned out to be my favorite! I signed up specifically to review this recipe. It's a keeper and will be my only pecan pie recipe. I made a Gluten Free Dairy Free crust and it was the crowning glory of our Thanksgiving dinner!
I tweaked the recipe a bit. As the sugar/corn syrup cooled, I melted the butter in it to absorb some of the warmth before I whisked it slowly into the eggs. Worked like a charm!!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml corn syrup (I use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml butter
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml pecans, coarsely broken
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- At this point I like to strain the mixture to make sure it's smooth and lump free.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.