The secret to this rich pie is cooking the sugar and corn syrup first. It is definitely not diet food! I bake this pie for 45 minutes according to my oven but you may need to bake longer.
- In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- At this point I like to strain the mixture to make sure it's smooth and lump free.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.