1/22 Photos of Utterly Deadly Southern Pecan Pie
1 hr 5 mins
The secret to this rich pie is cooking the sugar and corn syrup first. It is definitely not diet food! I bake this pie for 45 minutes according to my oven but you may need to bake longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
- 2In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- 3At this point I like to strain the mixture to make sure it's smooth and lump free.
- 4Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
- 5Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Utterly Deadly Southern Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.9
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g