Upstate NY recipe from Chanatry’s supermarket
Make and share this Utica Greens (Escarole) recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and rinse escarole twice; chop in large pieces.
- Boil down for 5 or 6 minutes so it’s tender and wilted.
- Place olive oil in a saute pan and heat.
- Add chopped garlic and prosciutto and render for 2 or 3 minutes. Do not burn garlic.
- Add seeded peppers and cook another minute or so.
- Add the escarole and all the other ingredients in the pan.
- Gradually add the bread crumbs and grated cheese, tossing gently until blended.
- Taste for final salt and pepper seasoning.
- Place in a casserole; sprinkle a little of the bread crumbs and place under a broiler for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.