1/2 Photos of Utica Greens (Escarole)
Upstate NY recipe from Chanatry’s supermarket
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and rinse escarole twice; chop in large pieces.
- 2Boil down for 5 or 6 minutes so it’s tender and wilted.
- 3Place olive oil in a saute pan and heat.
- 4Add chopped garlic and prosciutto and render for 2 or 3 minutes. Do not burn garlic.
- 5Add seeded peppers and cook another minute or so.
- 6Add the escarole and all the other ingredients in the pan.
- 7Gradually add the bread crumbs and grated cheese, tossing gently until blended.
- 8Taste for final salt and pepper seasoning.
- 9Place in a casserole; sprinkle a little of the bread crumbs and place under a broiler for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Utica Greens (Escarole)
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 315.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese