Recipe by Adria82
This local favorite is almost impossible to find anywhere outside a 20-mile vicinity of Utica, NY. It is a creamy, spicy chicken and pasta dish that is sure to please anyone's taste buds. Enjoy!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We loved this! Creamy, robust and satisfying, with very good flavour, I made as directed, except that I used a 410 gr can of chopped tomatoes rather than tomato sauce. I didn't use the corn starch, i felt that the sauce had good texture, and was perfect once the pasta was added. An extremely good and tasty pasta for those cool evenings!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (I usually use three to four chicken breasts)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 jarred hot pepper, chopped
- 1 onions or 2 -3 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (if you want it hot)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot melt butter and then add chicken.
- Cook chicken over medium heat just until they begin to turn white.
- Add mushrooms to chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions cook 5-7 minutes (I usually season the veggies and chicken with salt and pepper at this point).
- Add water, bullion, tomato sauce, heavy cream, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add olives and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix corn starch with 2-3 tbsp cold water until dissolved.
- Add corn starch to sauce, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- If it is very runny just let stand to thicken.
- Stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately, sprinkling each serving with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.