1/3 Photos of Utica Chicken Riggies
This local favorite is almost impossible to find anywhere outside a 20-mile vicinity of Utica, NY. It is a creamy, spicy chicken and pasta dish that is sure to please anyone's taste buds. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (I usually use three to four chicken breasts)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 jarred hot pepper, chopped
- 1 onions or 2 -3 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (if you want it hot)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
- 1In a large pot melt butter and then add chicken.
- 2Cook chicken over medium heat just until they begin to turn white.
- 3Add mushrooms to chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add peppers and onions cook 5-7 minutes (I usually season the veggies and chicken with salt and pepper at this point).
- 5Add water, bullion, tomato sauce, heavy cream, and spices.
- 6Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add olives and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8In a small bowl mix corn starch with 2-3 tbsp cold water until dissolved.
- 9Add corn starch to sauce, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- 10If it is very runny just let stand to thicken.
- 11Stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately, sprinkling each serving with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Utica Chicken Riggies
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.4
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 194.7 mg
- Sodium 405.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 40.1 g