Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be used as a topping for baked goods, pies or crisps. It will keep for at least a month in the refrigerator in a well sealed jar or longer if frozen. The recipe comes from the Stepping Stones B & B.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 freshly grated medium nutmeg
- chopped pecans (optional) or walnuts, quantity as desired (optional)
- Use a pastry blender, your fingers, or a fork to combine the ingredients until they are crumbly.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I made a half recipe of this streusel to top Foolproof, One Bowl Banana Cake. I used salted butter and did not add nuts. It was very easy to make and tasted wonderful. The half-recipe I made topped a 9x13 cake perfectly. Thanks for posting!