Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fast and easy recipe is great with whatever leftover protein you have on hand. It's from Sallie Ann Robinson's Southern cookbook, "Gullah Home Cooking the Daufuskie Way: Smokin' Joe Butter Beans, Ol' 'Fuskie Fried Crab Rice, Sticky-Bush Blackberry Dumpling, And Other Sea Island Favorites" where it is called "Anything Rice" because it truly works with anything. You can add more seasonings (e.g. garlic) if you like.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooked rice
- leftover cooked chicken (or any other protein) or hamburger (or any other protein) or fish (or any other protein) or tofu (or any other protein)
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add the eggs and scramble. Put in the rice and your favorite meat and stir-fry.
- Serve immediately.