Recipe by GingerlyJ
Not sure how this soup got it'a name but I got the recipe from a lady at my church
- 1 lb dried great northern beans
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans and enough warm water to cover a saucepanbring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- remove from heat and soak 1 hour.
- drain and rinse beans.
- in a large kettle place beans, ham hocksand 3 quarts water. Bring to a boil
- reduce heat.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- skim off fat if needed.
- add onions, garlic, celery, parsely and potatoes.
- simmer one hour longer.
- remove meat from the kettle.
- Take meat from bones and put the meat back in the kettle.