Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Know as salsa para asados, this sauce can also be used as a marinade. Serve with grilled meat, a green salad and creamy polenta, orzo or crusty bread. Adapted from The Book of Latin American Cooking by Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 tbls. fresh oregano, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tbls. fresh thyme, chopped)
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika, to taste (or cayenne)
- fresh ground pepper
- Mix the oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, thyme and paprika in a jar with a lid and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Secure the lid and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for 2 to 3 hours, and shake again before serving or using as a marinade.