- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 3 chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 sprig curry leaf
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 1 cup urud dal in sufficient amt of water for 1 hour and grind into a thick fine flour.
- Add 1 tsp salt, 2-3 chopped green chillies, 1 tsp whole black peppers, the curry leaves and mix well.
- On a plastic piece of paper place a ball of this and flatten it by hand.
- Deep fry this in oil and turn over until the vada turns golden brown.