Recipe by awalde
The “Urner Pastete” is a traditional farmer recipe of the region of Uri (Switzerland) that was prepared in the colder season. In this recipe you will find 3 kinds of grapes products: raisins, juice and brandy.
- 500 g flour
- 200 g butter or 200 g margarine
- 125 g sugar
- 100 ml grape juice (Most)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 egg
- 400 g raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons grape juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your mold of about 26 cm with butter and flour.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough with the food processor.
- Allow to rest at least one hour in the fridge.
- Heat in a pan or in the microwave all the ingredients for the filling until cinnamon.
- Remove from the heat, add the Brandy and let well covered to marinate for at least one hour.
- With 2 third of the dough cover the bottom and the border (3 cm) of the baking mold.
- Add the filling, brush with some egg yolk the upper side of the border and cover with the remaining dough.
- Brush the cover with the egg yolk.
- Bake 40-45 Minute at 180°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- Store overnight and enjoy.