Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Urban Cowboy Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices bacon or 8 slices turkey bacon or 8 slices black pepper bacon or 8 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 small bell pepper, finely chopped (green, red, or yellow)
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- oil, for drizzling
- 1⁄2 lb deli-sliced monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup sweet red pepper relish
- red leaf lettuce
- Heat a big nonstick skillet over med-high heat; cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon, wipe excess grease from skillet, and return skillet to heat.
- While bacon is cooking, combine turkey, garlic, shallot, thyme, cilantro, bell pepper, serrano, cumin, hot sauce, and grill seasoning.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal mounds then form into patties.
- Drizzle patties with oil to coat; cook in skillet over med-high heat 5-6 minutes on each side, until done, placing sliced cheese over the patties in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Place cooked cheeseburgers on buns; spread sweet relish on bun tops and set lettuce into place using relish as “glue’.
- Top cheeseburgers with 2 slices bacon, cover with bun tops, then serve.
This was delicious! I used yellow bell and serrano pepper in the meat mixture, and did everything else pretty much according to the recipe. It was tasty, slightly spicy, and satisfying. Thanks for posting.