Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped lean country ham
- 1⁄2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 slices portabella mushrooms (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag; add in chicken.
- Seal bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; melt margarine in the skillet over med-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Combine the ham and next 3 ingredients; pour over chicken; bring to a boil; cover and decrease heat; simmer 3 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done and mushrooms are tender.
- Remove chicken and mushrooms with a slotted spoon; put on a serving platter and set aside (keep warm).
- In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon water; whisk until smooth.
- Add mixture to cooking liquid in skillet; bring to a boil; cook stirring constantly with a whisk for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Spoon gravy over chicken and mushrooms.
Haven't made this lately, but made it a few times after finding it in Cooking Light. Serve it with grilled polenta! Yummy. Guess I will have to make it again soon. Thanks for jogging my memory.