Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious, healthy (pretty much), easier-than-pie snack I invented one night when I had the munchies. Opportunities for variation are endless...
- Peel banana and slice lengthwise.
- Spread 1 T of nut butter (or desired amount) on each banana half.
- Sprinkle granola over one banana half; press granola lightly to make it stick.
- Top with second half and enjoy!
- Some variation possibilities: spread with dulce de leche, cashew butter, hot fudge, even ricotta cheese-- sprinkle with granola, coconut, sunflower seeds, nuts, chocolate chips-- YUM!
DD1 (5 years old) rates this yummy.It is quite messy even with regular size organic bananas cut in half first. I found this a nice change from my usual apple paring with nut butter but I still prefer apples with it (I don`t love apples or bananas BTW). I used oalmond hazelnut butter (my favorite right now) by Nut`s to You, and Qia cereal by Nature`s Path as the granola, since we do not eat oats because of there similarity with gluten. Made for FEBRUARY'S SUN and SPICE EVENT, PRIME INGREDIENT CHALLENGE: Nut Butter.
I tried the original recipe and several of your alternate variations. The dulce de leche was my favorite spread, so that is what I am rating this on (I liked the peanut butter the least). All of the toppings were good with the dulce de leche, including the granola, which gave it a nice crunch.
AWESOME idea!!! I didn't have granola on hand but used peanut butter and mini chocolate chips...SO GOOD! :o) My kids will love these too! Thanks so much--you're brilliant!