Recipe by A Messy Cook
A delicious, healthy (pretty much), easier-than-pie snack I invented one night when I had the munchies. Opportunities for variation are endless...
Top Review by UmmBinat
DD1 (5 years old) rates this yummy.It is quite messy even with regular size organic bananas cut in half first. I found this a nice change from my usual apple paring with nut butter but I still prefer apples with it (I don`t love apples or bananas BTW). I used oalmond hazelnut butter (my favorite right now) by Nut`s to You, and Qia cereal by Nature`s Path as the granola, since we do not eat oats because of there similarity with gluten. Made for FEBRUARY'S SUN and SPICE EVENT, PRIME INGREDIENT CHALLENGE: Nut Butter.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel banana and slice lengthwise.
- Spread 1 T of nut butter (or desired amount) on each banana half.
- Sprinkle granola over one banana half; press granola lightly to make it stick.
- Top with second half and enjoy!
- Some variation possibilities: spread with dulce de leche, cashew butter, hot fudge, even ricotta cheese-- sprinkle with granola, coconut, sunflower seeds, nuts, chocolate chips-- YUM!