1 hr 20 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I saw it in a Southern Living magazine and it sounds great. Refrigerating time should be taken into consideration before baking for a party, however.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large ripe bananas, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Combine first three ingredients in a small bowl. Press evenly into bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch spring form pan.
- 2Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3Combine bananas and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar. Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute or just until sugar has melted. Set aside.
- 4Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth (around 3 minutes). Gradually add granulated sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, then beat in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Blend well. Pour into prepared vanilla wafer crust. Spoon tablespoonfuls of banana mixture evenly over top, and swirl gently into cream cheese mixture.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 6Drop spoonfuls of Meringue gently and evenly over hot filling.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until Meringue is golden brown. Remove from oven and gently run a knife around the edge of cheesecake in the spring-form pan to loosen. Cool cheesecake completely on a wire rack. Cover loosely, and chill 8 hours. Release and remove sides of pan.
- 8[MERINGUE: Beat egg whites and salt at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form and sugar dissolves (about 1-2 minutes).].
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uptown Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.9
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 150.5 mg
- Sodium 331.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: