1 hr 5 mins
Danielle in New Hampshire's Note:
This is so simple to make and is very tasty. The recipe calls for frozen strawberries but you can use fresh sweetened strawberries as well. This is an alternative to the regular strawberry shortcake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle mini marshmallows in bottom of 13x9 baking dish, set aside.
- 2In a bowl combine strawberries and gelatin powder, set aside.
- 3In a bowl cream shortening and sugar.
- 4add the eggs, one at a time beating well, beat in vanilla.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder and salt, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 6Pour mixture over the marshmallows, spoon strawberries over batter.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins.
- 8or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on wire rack, cut into squares, garnish with strawberries and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 252.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g