Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious is all I can say about this recipe. You can top this with fresh strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly into greased 13 x 9 x 2" baking dish; set aside.
- Combine strawberries and gelatin powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour over marshmallows. Spoon berry mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes until center is set.
- Cut into squares and garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream, if desired.