Recipe by ChefRaylene
Delicious is all I can say about this recipe. You can top this with fresh strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 16 ounces frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed & sliced
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly into greased 13 x 9 x 2" baking dish; set aside.
- Combine strawberries and gelatin powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour over marshmallows. Spoon berry mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes until center is set.
- Cut into squares and garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream, if desired.